Sunday, December 23, 2012

Today's Interesting Links

Here are some interesting links from my perusal of the interwebs today:
Also, some Syria stories:
UPDATE: al-Jazeera is running a story/video alleging that the Assad regime is using nerve gas against Syrian rebels in the city of Homs.  Here is the alleged video.  It should go without saying that the contents of the video cannot be independently verified.  Additionally, a lot of the commenters are knocking the video as a fake, noting that the doctors don't seem to be wearing any protective gear or taking any significant precautions.  This sounds like a relatively decent point, but I'm no expert on chemical weapons.  It seems to me that biological weapons would certainly require the doctors to take greater precautions when treating afflicted victims; however, chemical weapons seems like a horse of a different color, as it were.  So, in short, I don't know.  If I find out anything further about the video, I'll post another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment