Monday, April 8, 2013

Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013)

Blogging has been light recently, and I'm sorry for that. As finals approach, law school is sucking more and more of my soul out of me....

But I couldn't let the death of the great Margaret Thatcher go unnoticed here. I don't have much time, so I will leave the full-fledged eulogies and the hard-nosed analyses of Thatcherite policies for others. But I wanted to throw up some videos of the "Iron Lady" so that we might all remember the kind of politicians the world used to have:

1) Thatcher's First Speech at the White House: "I hope you don't mind my recalling, Mr. President, that George Washington was a British subject until well after his 40th birthday!"


2) First Televised "Prime Ministers Questions":



3) A Snippet of the Infamous "Iron Lady" Speech:


4) Thatcher's Last Speech in the House of Commons:


5) And Some General "Best Ofs" . . .



Requiescat in pace, Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment